Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Elf Costume 2 with Cape






  This is the second elf costume I have. (I actually made it before the other costume, but I'm posting it later which is why its my second.) This one was really straight forward as I just followed the pattern exactly as I was supposed to...Well, I never follow a pattern exactly, but it was close. I took out a ruffle around the neck to make a casing for the elastic (instead of stitching it directly onto the fabric with a zig-zag stitch) and combined the top and bottom pattern pieces to avoid an empire waist seam and another elastic. The waist cinch pattern I found in another costume pattern I had and that one I did follow the pattern...mostly. I added some boning in front of the eyelets to make them more secure, but its an alteration hardly worth mentioning.
   Below is my dramatic posing in the green cape I made long before the costume, but went so well I decided it was a set. The cape is simple and made of cheap flannel trimmed with black fringe, but it worked out better than I thought it would! All it takes is a brisk walk and it will billow out behind you. How can you get more classy than that?








No comments:

Post a Comment